I just wanted to let you all know you can find Cheer Up, Emo Kid on Tapastic now.
Tapastic is an awesome webcomic publishing platform that is absolutely free. You can re-read all your old favourites on a mobile-friendly format Tuesdays and Thursdays at http://tapastic.com/series/CUEK. Be sure to check it out!
What's next for 2014? I had a lot of goals in 2013 that I didn't meet because I had no time. This year will be better, because I'm actually taking regular time off of my day job to focus on comics. Which is awesome, because it means I'll actually accomplish things this year. So, what's on the to-do list?
- Fix the damn website.
What's wrong with the login form?Login form is fixed. Comment replies are fucked, though, they're all over the place.
- Making the website mobile-friendly. The current site is a bandwidth hog that sometimes kills the server's CPU when traffic is high. The responsive site is on its way. This is pretty high priority, I'm slowly creeping closer towards my bandwidth & CPU limit every month.
- Get a store up and running. I have some basic merchandise ready to go - greeting cards, stickers, and buttons. Been researching the best place to get books & shirts done. I want to do a Kickstarter this year, will you guys back it?
- Avatar creator. Because don't you want to build a blobby CUEK character that looks like you?
- More, bigger conventions? I might have to leave Vancouver for this one
Then there are the goals that I have that I can only meet if I have, like, a LOT of time.
- Animated cartoons & simple interactive games that aren't made in flash because everything I learned in college is now obsolete THANKS
- A small blog site where I'll post tutorials detailing everything I know how to do, i.e. making a comic from start to finish, building a WordPress site for a webcomic, web design & dev tips, basic animation & game development, etc.
- Webcomic for web & graphic designers
So here's to 2014, and actually getting shit done this time.
Thanks to everyone for your constant support.
Update 5/15: Added sticker sheets!
Hey all, just wanted to let you know two weeks from this Saturday I'll be exhibiting at the Vancouver Comic Arts Festival (VanCAF). If you're in the city you should definitely stop by, the festival runs on Saturday the 25th from 10am-6pm and Sunday the 26th from 11am-5pm. You can find more info at their website, Facebook, and Twitter.
Some other great people will be there including Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content), Ryan Pequin (Three Word Phrase), Meredith Gran (Octopus Pie), Sam Logan (Sam & Fuzzy), Steve Rolston (Queen & Country), James Stokoe (Orc Stain), and Jason Copland (Kill All Monsters). Check out the full guest list!
I'll have cards, prints, stickers, buttons, bad advice and other junk. I'll be updating this post periodically with the stuff I'll have at the con, so keep an eye on it for the next few weeks. Hope to see you there!