Account Locked

Start a New Forum Topic

Home Forum General Forums Stories & Rants Account Locked

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Enzo Enzo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Test
    Participant

So.., uhh… I’ve got a grand total of 28 emails (within the past 2 days) telling me someone’s failed to log in as me too many times….

The only way I know how to ask “Please, stop. Please.” is by posting here. It’s not like my passwords something guessable, like “password” or anything…. maybe…. *clicks edit profile* *404s* (that needs to hurry up and get fixed)….

Though it HAS crossed my mind that maybe someone was like, “I could’ve sworn I made a test account to test the forum’s functionality, named Test for obvious reasons.” In that case, I can tell you will great certainty that you did not.

[rant]
    28 times. Why. WHY. Assuming 3 attempts per lock, that’s 84 login attempts. WHY. I just don’t understand. What is so great about this account? Looking at the time on the emails, you’ve been trying every 1/2 to 1 hour. I don’t see why you wouldn’t just make another account. Is someone keeping you locked up in a basement until you can guess this password or something? Are you okay? Do you need someone to send help? These are not actions logically sound people would take, unless under some sort of external duress. The chances of guessing a password are astronomical. And by astronomical, I mean take the number of planets in the known universe, and make it the denominator with 1 as the numerator, and that’s your chance of guessing it, so your captor clearly has no plans of releasing you. However, do not despair! Your captor has foolishly given you access to the internet! Surely you can contact the authorities online! I can only hope that this reaches you in time!
    [/rant]

JoshuaPack

Maybe, they only have access to the login page of this site. :( That would be sad. Maybe the passwords s/he is putting in are clues to where s/he is at. Someone needs to investigate!

Enzo
    Enzo
    Keymaster

Sorry about that! I’m not sure what is going on but I’ve reduced the number of e-mails you should receive within a certain period as a temporary fix. Unfortunately spammers are always going to exist. I’ll be taking steps to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Sorry for the trouble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cheer Up, Emo Kid © 2008-2017 by Enzo. All rights reserved.
All references and otherwise trademarked or copyrighted content remain the properties of their respective owners.