Upcoming Features / Feature Requests

Start a New Forum Topic

Home Forum Administrative Forums Feedback & Support Upcoming Features / Feature Requests

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  unsane 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Enzo
    Enzo
    Keymaster

So while the message board in its current state is fully functional, there are a few things that I would still like to add, such as:

• Private Messaging
    • Topic Tags
    • Custom Titles
    • User Signatures (maybe.. I’m not sure if I’m a fan of these, but I’d love to hear some input)
    • Forum Image Attachments
    • Quote button
    • BBcode/Markup/more HTML tags

Can you think of any other features you’d like to see? The difference between this forum and the old forum is that I actually know my way around the code and can implement it if I put my mind to it (most of the time. Maybe).

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Enzo Enzo.

canadamaggot
    Participant

If in threads, could the “reply” button work to blockquote a user’s post? That way people wouldn’t have to type in

so-and-so said: yadda yadda *raspberrynoises*

every time they want to reply to someone specific in a thread.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  canadamaggot.
    Enzo
    Enzo
    Keymaster

Good call. The quote button was actually in the original mockup but I couldn’t get it to work properly so I stashed it for later. Thanks.

AMK
    AMK
    I know that I am able to do HTML incantations because the kind screaming yellow box tells me so. But to what extent can the regular humans use HTML?
    Enzo
    Enzo
    Keymaster

AMK: regular users can’t put that much HTML at all. Basically just the tags on the right in the Gear button popup.

One of the things on my to-do list is to implement BBCode or Markup. I actually tried to install it when I was building this site but something happened and I guess it became a pain in the ass so I dropped it for release.

I’ll add those to the list!

siege
    Participant

@Enzo, are we going to do the avatars still?

Enzo
    Enzo
    Keymaster

I took some time off of work near the end of the year so I can focus on the avatar editor. Unfortunately there’s a lot of little bugs of the site that are cropping up every now and then that I’m trying to fix as well, so I think I might just do it all in one big go.

NastyGreenWaffles
    Participant

Yeah an avatar editor would be sweet. I was reading one of the comments on the archive (Forgot which comic it was) You had a post saying something about using gravatar or something along the sort. Though. I’m new to the site/forum. I think it’d be pretty sweet for an avatar creator thingymajig

canadamaggot
    Participant

Would it be possible to have an image embedding option done? Letting users use the html code would be nice. Or if there’s a way to do it otherwise, that’d be really handy to know. :)

canadamaggot
    Participant

Sorry for the double post, but I think a cuek chat box would be really cool. It’d be something to get the community stirring a bit and talk directly to one another in a general conversation as opposed to thread topics. I always found threads a bit intimidating, so even something like a shoutbox off to instantly message the general forum could be cool. :)

ceraex
    Participant

Any way to rate posts would be cool. Could be the upvote/downvote model like the one reddit uses or the specific attribute-based model like the one Facepunch Studios uses.

Asshole

Can we get a post preview button next to Submit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cheer Up, Emo Kid © 2008-2017 by Enzo. All rights reserved.
All references and otherwise trademarked or copyrighted content remain the properties of their respective owners.